Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset
Content and Tools
In this workshop, participants learn the difference between inward and outward mindsets. They discover where they have been inward and how to turn more outward. They learn how to turn their mindsets and behaviors outward by applying the following tool sets:
Results and Outcomes
This course equips participants with tools that enable them to:
- Understand the two mindsets and their implications on results
- Assess the extent to which they are working with an inward mindset
- Change their mindsets to become more outward
- Re-conceive their jobs to make them more outward
- Hold themselves more fully accountable
- Report on performance in a way that keeps them working outward
- Work in a way that is more collaborative, fulfilling, and effective
- Positively influence others to change
- Address and resolve conflicts
Participants will learn to move from:
Who Should Attend
- Deepen their understanding of Arbinger’s principles and apply outward mindset tools in their own lives and work
- Gain insight into the practical implications of Arbinger’s work within an organization
- Investigate the value of deploying Arbinger within their organization or team to initiate a larger transformative process
- Prepare to attend train-the-trainer courses to become an Arbinger facilitator within their employing organization
This program is typically delivered in two consecutive days of in-person training but can also be conducted live online, in modules using videoconference technology. Key concepts are taught through discussions led by an Arbinger-certified facilitator. The course is punctuated by videos, individual and group exercises, one-on-one sharing, and application of the tools to on-the-job situations facing the participants.
In the virtual workshop format, the content is broken into four sessions to allow flexibility in facilitation. Each session lasts approximately three hours, meaning the workshop can be delivered over two full days or four half days.
- Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset handbook
- Eight-part implementation video series
- Implementation video series guidebook
- Downloadable accountability and collaboration tool templates
- Arbinger’s bestselling books, Leadership and Self-Deception and The Outward Mindset
As part of this training, participants receive eight weekly videos with calls to action that guide people in operationalizing an outward mindset in their day-to-day work. The video series includes a guidebook with exercises for use with each video. By attending this workshop, participants will meet the prerequisite for the Developing and Implementing and Outward Mindset train-the-trainer course, which licenses individuals to deliver this workshop within their employing organization.
Pricing and Schedule
We conduct public Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset workshops approximately monthly in Salt Lake City, UT, and Washington, DC. Click “Register Now” for the full schedule of upcoming sessions.
The public workshop is $895 per participant. Special pricing is available for federal governmental agencies with GSA purchasing capability. Please contact us for more information about special pricing.